The Seatrade Maritime Awards Asia supports this goal by upholding a transparent and independent judging process which is unique to Seatrade.
To ensure a transparent and fair judging process, we adopt the following practice;
1. Once received, all entries are collated and uploaded to a secure online platform only accessible by the judges
2. Each judge will be asked to review entries within each category and vote their top three selections based on the entry criteria.
3. An average score is then calculated for each entry and from that, the highest rated entries will be shortlisted as worthy finalists.
4. The judges meet in person to discuss the shortlisted entries and agree upon an overall winner for each category. This process is chaired in person by a Chairman of Judges.
5. The winners will be announced at the prestigious gala dinner on Wednesday, 25 April 2018 at Marina Bay Sands®, Singapore.
Seatrade Young Person of the Year Award, Seatrade Personality of the Year Award, Seatrade Lifetime Achievement Award are the only categories which fall outside the above judging process. The winners will be chosen by the Seatrade senior editorial board and will be presented to individuals for their exemplary work and contribution to the shipping industry.